Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
insert sd card

2431 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-30 09:42:06

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    dave
    2015-11-03 22:28:01

My scanner keeps asking me to "insert sd card" with card already in. This started after it froze up on me while scanning a vehicle so I powered it off and when I turned it back on this is what it said. How do I fix this problem? It is the maxiDAS ds708.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-11-03 23:59:00 (Reply to:dave)

Hi, not sure if there is problem with the SD card. Please change another SD card to check the result. Thanks!

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    dave
    2015-11-04 21:20:32 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     Ok, thanks for the advice. I just got this scanner and am not real familiar with it, I'm sure I need to download something on the new sd card, how and what do I need to do? 

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    dave
    2015-11-04 23:58:34 (Reply to:dave)

could you send me a new sd card? its a brand new scanner and what ever the problem is should be under warranty? or I can send the scanner in to be repaired if that will work better.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-11-05 01:07:57 (Reply to:dave)

Hi, please download some new update in the SD card and check again if have the same problem. Or if it works with a new SD card then there should be problem with the original one. Please contact your dealer to see if they can send you a new SD card. Thanks!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-11-24 22:07:59 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Support, In the event , where someone  need to try a new SD card. Would  he just  put the blank SD card  in the card reader with the PC suite open? Would the PC Suite be able to know what to do with a fresh new blank SD card in the card reader? Please be more specific.
       Should he first copy the contents of the original suspected bad  card to a folder  on the PC  then copy and paste the contents to the new card, then open up the software suite and update the contents in the new card, and hopefully updates overwrite the problem ?

I was hoping by now to have upgraded already from my DS 708 as it still sits  with expired software subscription from August 2014( software that still had the car logos ), sell it and move up to a Maxi Sys platform , But after loss of manufacturer logo's and forum members claiming after updating  that OE functions it once possessed were missing or stopped working. I keep  kicking the upgrade can down the road and keep watching on here for more positive  reports on the forum  that the latest software  has fully recovered the lost functionality with  more working features being added to older model cars, rather than just some 2015 model new car coverage being added to manufacturer data base.Please keep us informed of good news of verified beta tested improvements and working features restored and useful new features added, for example. "We just added  relative fuel injector flow test, relative compression test, improved  power balance testing feature. Immobilizer key and remote  programming now for 30 more popular models of cars. DPF regeneration test has been added to 40 more models of popular cars and trucks. Take advantage and Get 6 extra months of free updates on your subscription by volunteering  to be a Beta tester for a  future software release. 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-11-30 09:42:06 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi, kindly be noted that there is no need to copy the original files to a new SD card when you do update. You can insert the new blank SD card to the PC and download the via PC Suite directly. When you open the PC Suite and it will recognize the new SD card. Then there will be an authorization file created in the new SD card for this tool to download update. But if you copy the original files to the new SD card then it is also OK. The new update will override the old version software. 

Regarding the new updates for DS708 and Maxisys, you can login your account and there is All Messages menu under Your Messages. You can see all the detailed update information for all Autel products. Thanks! 
  Total1 Pages